Saturday, May 2, 2009

Today Started Out With A Bang


I always am an early riser. It is nothing uncommon to see me with a cup of coffee in my hand around 6 a.m. I am the type that likes to ease into my day. Well, I thought that was going to be my Saturday morning, but Ha! Low and behold I was out of coffee creamer! My first thought, "Can I hold out from caffeine withdraw till I get to the store?" You see, I'm very spoiled when it comes to my morning coffee. I order specialty coffees and use a certain coffee creamer and I go to no lengths to have that perfect cup in the morning!

Shortly after finding out of my coffee dilemma, my daughter Kathy was up. She needed to be up early in order to take her SAT exams at school for college. She was having her own crisis. No no.2 pencils! YIKES!

Ah ha! I'll just run down to the local grocery store and get my coffee creamer and some no.2 pencils! Sounds easy enough, but little did I know!

You know, I never realized how hard it is to find no.2 pencils until today. Maybe it was the time factor. Maybe it was the caffeine withdraw. But here I found myself in a frantic state searching for no.2 pencils at 6:30 a.m.!

Oh, I found oodles and oodles of pens and graphic pencils! But that isn't what I needed! Why aren't there any no.2 pencils? Dah! Did I think my daughter was the only kid in town that was taking her SAT's today? Well, I must of had my guardian angel helping me! Here hidden behind some graphic pencil was a box of no.2s! Yes!

So I scarfed those babies up, got my coffee creamer and rushed back home! All is peace and tranquility at the Ickes homestead now!

No comments:

Post a Comment